Healthcare reform and accessibility is a hot topic in the United State’s political landscape of late, and and a set of ideals that supposedly made significant progress in recent months…which is why Brianne Diomede’s situation is so disappointing.
In May of 2012 this valued supporter of the Asbury Park music community, alongside her family, were stunned when she was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. Diomede endured five months of aggressive chemotherapy, a double mastectomy, and the removal of the entire lymph system in her right arm, all before being subjected to 28 sessions of radiation. This aggressive treatment has since caused early-stage lymphedema, a fluid retention and tissue swelling condition, which has rendered Diomede permanently disabled.
As a result, this matriarch to multiple camps is unable to work in the same capacity as before her diagnosis, leaving Diomede unemployed and without the health insurance necessary to aid her in this long fought battle.
With treatments still incomplete, Diomede is staring down several essential surgeries and therapies…which is where we come in.
On April 14th, The Stone Pony will play host to Jammin’ For Brianne: A Benefit For Brianne Diomede. In association with local outfits Green Underround (which includes Brianne’s husband and local Jam maestro Mark) and Blue Highways, artists and outfits scheduled to perform include such local favorites as The Mystery Men, Turtle Soup, Little Jimmy Law, Sandy Mack, Ken “String Bean” Sorensen, James Dalton, Live Dead feat. Butchy Sochorow (Splintered Sunlight), Kevin Kopack, Wayne Scheller, and Juggling Suns with more outfits to be announced.
Tickets for the event can be acquired for a donation of $20 by contacting The Stone Pony Box Office at 732-502-0600 or Mary Curcio Halloran at 908-489-7166. Other ways to donate and get involved with this more than worthy cause are as follows:
1. Donations for the Gift Auction – Please contact Jennifer Enright via Facebook or email Jennifer.Enright@comcast.n
2. Hot Food & Dessert Donations – we are looking for trays of food to be donated for the day of the event. If you are able to make something, please contact Diane Migas via Facebook or at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Volunteers day of the event – Volunteers will be needed for set up and break down and to help with general clean up throughout the day. Please send a message to admin on this page with your contact information.
4. Monetary Donations – If you are unable to attend and would like to make a financial contribution, you can do so through PayPal. All donations are tax deductible. Go to www.paypal .com; Click on Transfer; Enter your address in the FROM field, in the TO field enter email@example.com then the amount; click continue; Next screen in the Send Money Now field enter the amount and choose “For Friends & Family” then complete the remaining information.
5. Payment with Check – Send checks made payable to Bricktown Moose Lodge 1862 c/o Brianne Diomede. Please contact Darlene Rasmussen for mailing address.
For more information on the event please visit the official Facebook page.