1. Manchester Orchestra – COPE
2. Margot & The Nuclear So & Sos – Sling Shot To Heaven
3. We Were Promised Jetpacks – Unraveling
4. Trophy Scars – Holy Vacants
5. On-The-Go – Young Hearts
1. Queens of the Stone Age – …Like Clockwork
because even though it came out in 2013 fuck you it’s incredible.
2. Spoon – They Want My Soul
It’s easy like Sunday morning.
3. alt-J – This is all Yours
I can’t say it’s bad.
4. Tweedy – Sukierae
Father and son bonding over something other than baseball.
5. Jack White – Lazaretto
I only put him on my list so he would give me a golden ticket to his chocolate factory.
1. Spoon – They Want My Soul
Spoon returns to sounding like the Spoon i fell in love with, but with a new twist. That sounds really cliche.
2. St Vincent – St Vincent
This album is wonderful.
3. Jack White – Lazaretto
Jack’s new album took a few listens to grow on me but now i like it more than his first solo record.
4. Massive Attack – Mezzanine (1998)
So i really only loved the three albums above this year, so to round out my list, I will tell you that I listened to Massive Attacks classic, Mezzanine about 500 times this year.
5. Bohren & Der Club Of Gore – Sunset Mission (2000)
Another record not from this year… this is the quintessential ‘Doom Jazz’ record. Its like Enya for metal dudes.