1. Spoon – They Want My Soul
My favorite record of the year hands down. The only band that makes me feel cooler than cool— hell, they make me feel ice cold. Wow that was lame. Thank Glob for Spoon.
2. Mounties – Thrash Rock Legacy
Occasionally dance-inducing beautiful schizophrenic-pop, where every song is incredible in it’s own way. Please listen to this record.
3. TV on the Radio – Seeds
Why didn’t they put “Mercy” on this, it would’ve made so much sense?! Still, the record is great, especially “Lazerray”.
4. Northeast Party House – Any Given Weekend
Kick-ass Australian dance punk. If CDs still existed, I would’ve burned it into ashes from being overplayed.
5. OK Go – Hungry Ghosts
Funked-up pop that’s better than their last ‘now-transitional’ record. Talk about a band that turned the tables on their sound and succeeded…
This year was not my favorite year for music releases. I’m not going to repeat anything Chris picked, so here is my list:
1. Bombay Bicycle Club – So Long, See You Tomorrow
2. La Roux – Trouble In Paradise
3. Magic Man – Before the Waves
4. St. Vincent – St. Vincent
5. Charli XCX – Sucker
Some More Honorable Mentions:
Tokyo Police Club – Forcefield
Skaters – Manhattan
Drowners – Drowners